ESU – U Care Bursary & Scholarship Awards 2017
Opening Date: TBC
Closing Date: TBC
The ESU – U Care Bursary and Scholarship Awards aim to assist our lower-income union members defray the cost of their children’s school expenses for the new school year. The scholarship is intended to acknowledge good academic results of the child.
1. Application form(s) must be duly completed and submitted with full supporting documents by 12pm, Friday 16 Dec 2016. (TBC)
2. You may submit by fax or post. A text message will be sent by 23 Dec 2016((tbc) to confirm our receipt of your application. Please contact us at T: 6872-1148 if you do not receive our confirmation text message by 23 Dec 2016(tbc).
Submit your application(s) by:
(a) Fax: 6872 3346; OR
(b) Post to:
Education Services Union
605B, Macpherson Road
#07-08, Citimac Industrial Complex
For enquiries, please contact Ms Ash Chng at Tel: 6872 1148 ext 10, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. All applications will be considered but eligibility does not guarantee success in award. You will be informed on the outcome of your application by post by mid-February 2017.(TBC)
4. Attendance for successful applicants at the award presentation ceremony is compulsory. Applicants are not allowed to nominate proxies to collect the award on their behalf. The award presentation will be held on Saturday, 25th March 2017, morning. (tbc)
5. Other Frequently Asked Questions: ESU FAQ – BURSARY & SCHOLARSHIP AWARD 2017
(A) Bursary and Scholarship Awards 2017 (Members’ Children)
1. The award is open to all ESU Ordinary Branch (OB) members and Directly-Serviced General Branch (DSGB) members who have children pursuing studies in:-
i) Local Primary /Secondary School
ii) Recognised local institution/ university (ITE/ Pre-U/ JC/ Poly/ Arts Institutions – LASALLE, NAFA/ University)
2. Members whose children are currently applying, receiving or have received scholarship/ bursary award from other organisations for year 2016 are not eligible to apply for the above award.
3. Member must be a paid-up member with at least 3 months of continuous membership at the point of application and with no outstanding membership fees due.
4. Not more than TWO school-going children from the same family may apply for the award.
Application Form: ESU Application Form – Primary Secondary Tertiary 2017
(B) Learning Awards (Members Only)
1. The award is open to all ESU Ordinary Branch (OB) members and Directly-Serviced General Branch (DSGB) members who had pursued a diploma, degree, masters or PhD course in the following institutions/ universities: local polytechnics, LASALLE, NAFA, MDIS, Informatics, NTUC LearningHub, MMI Academy, SIM, SEED Institute, Advent- Links SAUC, NTU, NUS, SMU, UniSIM, SIT, SUTD.
2. Members who are currently applying, receiving or have received scholarship/ bursary award from other organisations for year 2016 are not eligible to apply for the above award.
3. Member must be a paid-up member with at least 3 months of continuous membership at the point of application.
Application Form: ESU Application Form – Learning Award 2017