Enhanced NTUC Care Fund (COVID-19)
The NTUC Care Fund (COVID-19) is back! This time, with an expanded eligibility criteria so that more union members can benefit from this programme. Interested to find out more, please make sure to read the detailed inforgraphic below.
Successful recipients of NTUC Care Fund (COVID-19) earlier this year will be eligible for this round of disbursement. If you have received the first round of reimbursement earlier this year, you DO NOT need to apply. An SMS notification will be sent to you in the later half of November and the amount will be deposited to your registered bank account by early December.
To be eligible for the assistance, you must have an active membership with no arrears.
Application Period: 23 November 2020 to 28 February 2021
Application Link: https://carefund-covid.ntuc.org.sg/Carefund-Covid19/
Please note that all applications must be made online via the above link.
To read more about the Enhanced NTUC Care Fund (COVID-19), please click on the following link: www.ntuc.org.sg/carefundcovid.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who are considered my dependants?
Dependants refer to applicant’s immediate family member living in the same household in Singapore. Please do not include domestic helper.
2. Is there a minimum membership tenure?
There is no minimum membership tenure, but there is a difference in quantum for existing and new members.
• Existing member: Member as at 1 October 2020
• New member: Member joined after 1 October 2020
3. Is it a one-off financial assistance?
Yes, member can only apply for the financial assistance once.
4. How do I apply for the programme?
Members are to complete and submit the application form online via the system.
If you received payout under the first NTUC Care Fund (COVID-19) exercise and are still a union member with active memnbership and no arrears in fees, you are eligible and will receive your next payout by early December 2020. If you have previously received payout from the first exercise but have had your membership terminated or are in fees arrears, you can still apply. Your application will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
5. What are the supporting documents required?
• If you are employed, you will be required to submit two payslips in 2020 to verify on the following:
1) Original income of $4,500 and below
2) Current income – to show income drop of at least 30%
• If you are retrenched/ contract terminated/ lost your job, you will be required to submit the relevant documents (i.e. retrenchment letter). Members who were affected from March 2020 onwards and still unable to secure a job at point of application, will also be eligible.
• If you are self-employed or a freelancer, you will be required to submit an income document of pre-COVID-19 i.e. IRAS statement 2020 and evidence of at least two event cancellations/postponement of jobs or quarantine order / stay-home notice.
6. When will I be able to receive the assistance?
You will be notified of your application status within 30 working days. Upon approval, the amount will be credited
into your registered bank account within 5 working days, subject to bank clearance.
7. If I have received this assistance, can my spouse who is also a union member receive this assistance too?
Yes, both members can apply and receive NTUC Care Fund, so long as both meet eligibility criteria.
NTUC ESU Membership Matters
1. How do I become an ESU member?
Existing NTUC Member
For existing NTUC member who have yet to update their employment details in U Portal to be an ESU member, you may complete this ESU conversion form and scanned the signed copy back to us.
New ESU Member
For new ESU member (i.e. previously non-NTUC member), you would need to sign up for NTUC membership via:
Hardcopy application form
Please download and complete this NTUC application form; upon completion, please mail the form to ESU office:
Education Services Union
150 Changi Road #04-01
You may complete the online application form via the NTUC membership link.
For NTUC membership fees payment, please select GIRO monthly payment and an email will be sent with instructions to set up online GIRO payment. Please note that the bank token is required to complete the online GIRO payment setup.
*If you are a freelancer, please indicate “ESU” under the <COMPANY NAME IN FULL>
To find out more about NTUC membership benefits: https://www.ntuc.org.sg/wps/portal/up2/home/membership
For any further enquiries regarding ESU membership, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org