ESU – U Care Bursary & Scholarship Awards 2019
Opening Date: 1 Dec 2019, Saturday
Closing Date: 12pm 3 Jan 2020, Friday
The ESU – U Care Bursary and Scholarship Awards aim to assist our lower-income union members defray the cost of their children’s school expenses for the new school year. The scholarship is intended to acknowledge good academic results of the child.
1. Application form(s) must be duly completed and submitted with full supporting documents by 12pm, Friday 3 Jan 2020.
2. You may submit by fax or post. A text message will be sent by 17th Jan 2020 to confirm our receipt of your application. Please contact us at T: 6872-1148 if you do not receive our confirmation text message by 17th Jan 2020.
Submit your application(s) by:
(a) Fax: 6872 3346; OR
(b) Post to:
Education Services Union
150, Changi Road
#04-01, Guthrie Building
For enquiries, please contact Ms Roziah at Tel: 6872 1148 ext 11, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. All applications will be considered but eligibility does not guarantee success in award. You will be informed on the outcome of your application by post by mid-February 2020.
4. Attendance for successful applicants at the award presentation ceremony is compulsory. Applicants are not allowed to nominate proxies to collect the award on their behalf. The award presentation will be held on Saturday, 9th March 2020, morning.
5. Late application will not be accepted. Proof of posting does not constitute to proof of submission.
6. Other Frequently Asked Questions: ESU FAQ – SCHOLARSHIP BURSARY AWARD 2019
(A) Bursary and Scholarship Awards 2019 (Members’ Children)
1. The award is open to all ESU Ordinary Branch (OB) members and Directly-Serviced General Branch (DSGB) members who have children pursuing studies in:-
i) Local Primary /Secondary School
ii) Recognised local institution/ university (ITE/ Pre-U/ JC/ Poly/ Arts Institutions – LASALLE, NAFA/ University)
2. Members whose children are currently applying, receiving or have received scholarship/ bursary award from other organisations for year 2019 are not eligible to apply for the above award.
3. Member must be a paid-up member with at least 3 months of continuous membership at the point of application and with no outstanding membership fees due.
4. Not more than TWO (02) school-going children (based on NRIC no./ Birthcert no.) from the same family may apply for the award.
Application Form: ESU U-Care Application Form – Primary Secondary Tertiary 2019
(B) Learning Awards (Members Only)
1. The award is open to all ESU Ordinary Branch (OB) members and Directly-Serviced General Branch (DSGB) members who had pursued a diploma, degree, masters or PhD course in the following institutions/ universities: local polytechnics, LASALLE, NAFA, MDIS, Informatics, NTUC LearningHub, MMI Academy, SIM, SEED Institute, Advent- Links SAUC, NTU, NUS, SMU, SUSS, SIT, SUTD.
2. Members who are currently applying, receiving or have received scholarship/ bursary award from other organisations for year 2019 are not eligible to apply for the above award.
3. Member must be a paid-up member with at least 3 months of continuous membership at the point of application.
Application Form: ESU Application Form – Learning Award 2019