ESU – U Care Scholarship & Bursary Awards 2020
Opening Date: 1 Dec 2020, Tuesday
Closing Date: 4 Jan 2021, Monday 12pm
The ESU – U Care Scholarship & Bursary Awards aim to assist our lower-income union members defray the cost of their children’s school expenses for the new school year. The scholarship is intended to acknowledge good academic results of your child.
1. Application form(s) must be duly completed and submitted with full supporting documents by 12pm, Monday, 4 January 2021. Incomplete application would be rejected.
2. You may submit the application by fax or post. A text message will be sent by 20th January 2021 to confirm our receipt of your application. Please contact us at T: 6872-1148 if you do not receive our confirmation text message by 22nd January 2021.
Submit your application(s) by:
(a) Fax: 6872 3346; OR
(b) Email: email@example.com; OR
(b) Post to:
Education Services Union
150 Changi Road
#04-01, Guthrie Building
For enquiries, please contact Ms Roziah Latip at Tel: 6872 1148 (ext. 11), or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. All applications will be considered but eligibility does not guarantee success in award. You will be informed on the outcome of your application by post by mid-February 2021.
4. Attendance for successful applicants at the award presentation ceremony is compulsory. Applicants are not allowed to nominate proxies to collect the award on their behalf. The date for the award presentation is tentatively set on the morning of 6th March 2021, which falls on a Saturday. More details will be sent closer to the date, along with the status of application.
5. Late application will not be accepted. Proof of posting does not constitute to proof of submission.
Other Frequently Asked Questions: ESU FAQ – Scholarship & Bursary 2020
(A) Scholarship & Bursary Awards 2020 (Members’ Children)
1. The award is open to all ESU Ordinary Branch (OB) members and Directly-Serviced General Branch (DSGB) members who have children pursuing studies in:-
i) Local Primary /Secondary School
ii) Recognised local institution/ university (ITE/ Pre-U/ JC/ Poly/ Arts Institutions – LASALLE, NAFA/ University)
2. Members whose children are currently applying, receiving or have received scholarship/ bursary award from other organisations for year 2020 (except MOE Edusave Awards – ECHA, ES, ESA, EAGLES, GPA) are not eligible to apply for the above award.
3. Member must be a paid-up member with at least 3 months of continuous membership at the point of application and with no outstanding membership fees due.
4. No more than TWO (02) school-going children (based on NRIC no. / Birth Cert no.) from the same family may be entitled to the award.
Application Form: ESU Application Form – Primary Secondary Tertiary 2020
(B) Learning Awards (Members Only)
1. The award is open to all ESU Ordinary Branch (OB) members and Directly-Serviced General Branch (DSGB) members who had pursued a diploma, degree, masters or PhD course in the following institutions/ universities: local polytechnics, LASALLE, NAFA, MDIS, Informatics, NTUC LearningHub, MMI Academy, SEED Institute, Advent- Links SAUC, NTU, NUS, SMU, SUSS, SIT, SUTD.
2. Members who are currently applying, receiving or have received scholarship/ bursary award from other organisations for year 2020 are not eligible to apply for the above award.
3. Member must be a paid-up member with at least 3 months of continuous membership at the point of application.
Application Form: ESU Application Form – Learning Award 2020